Monday, June 9, 2014

Ceci et que: Away to Visit Paris part 10

Ceci et que  = This and that


I love this picture of Ken taken on the Île Sainte-Louis.

It should be clear from the 10 posts of the past month that j'adore Paris. For two weeks after we returned from our vacation, my dreams were set in Paris. And although Ken and I have many other places to explore, I'll know I'll be back in Paris someday. I have to go back, because a little piece of my heart is there, waiting for me.

Thanks to my friends and blog followers for indulging this multi-part series. This is the last of the Away to Visit Paris series. I hope you enjoy this photo-centric, mash-up memory album.

The first thing we did when we arrived in Paris on a Sunday
afternoon was to walk along the Avenue des Champs-Élysées
where many stores were open.

I like how this subtle message is displayed in a store window
on the Champs-Élysées.

Sepia cityscape near pont de Bir-Hakeim


Nos chers amis Dave and Linda admire a
peak-a-boo view of the Tour Eiffel.

Musée Jacquemart-André, located on Blvd.
Haussmann, houses the collection of Paris power
couple: banker/politican/soldier Édouard François
André and society painter Nélie Jacquemart.

Ken seems happy with the view of the Seine, or maybe
Dave just told him un bonne blague.

Chillen on the Seine


Les maisons flottantes on the river

This photo shows the large crowd of tourists at Cathédrale
Notre-Dame de Paris. But, check out the next picture ...

... Just around the corner at Notre Dame, no
crowds and even benches to sit on.

Miscellaneous statues

An unusual statue in the Square du Palais-Galliera

Monument de la France Renaissante on the
pont de Bir-Hakeim


La Grisette stands on Rue du Faubourg du Temple
where the Canal St. Martin heads underground.
No one is sure who she is.
I wish I had noted what and where this statue is.
Yep, I wish I could identify this one too. I'll give
due credit if any of you fine readers can help.

And then some other stuff happened

'Does standing on this ledge make me look tall?'

This concert was before our visit, but I'm impressed
with how young James Taylor looks on this poster.

Paris police patrol park. 



Just like you can rent and return bikes around
the city (unless you only have an American
credit card), there also are stations to
rent cars for a short periods. Autolib' 
(self-service car) is the first rental system of
this scale in a European capital. 
Stairs or escalator? Will I walk or ride?

Those who know me well understand why this picture is included.

Et si elle se termine, pour l'instant ...


And so it ends, for now. Now on to our next adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment