Saturday, April 26, 2014

Mon petit jalon: 1,000* kilometers

Me, in Monteton
I reached a milestone this week: I've ridden my bike 1,000 kilometers* in the past 12 months. And like many statistics, that number comes with its very own asterisk.

This phenomenal (for me, at least) number was achieved in the time since Ken put the odometer on my bike, which was sometime last spring, but I'm not sure when. So I don't exactly know how long it took me to ride these 1,000 kilometers (that's 621.371 miles to you Yanks).

My beloved bike, which came to France on a SLOW boat from the U.S. (via a horrible shipping company which I won't mention here, but feel free to email me if you want my input on who not to hire to move your household goods overseas), was a gift from my honey-pie husband. He hit a winning KENO ticket in Reno (hey, that rhymes!) a few years ago and bought me this bike with part of his winnings.

I didn't ride that much in the States: too much traffic, too many hills, too cold, too hot, too windy, too busy. But here in France, I have become as addicted to bike riding as I was to early morning gym workouts and mani/pedi's back in America.

In honor of mon petit jalon (my little milestone), I present some of my favorite cycling photos.

Riding the canal

Ken, on the Canal de Garonne

I think it was about to rain.


Fiddilng with my Fuji's filter


Ken and our voisin, Phillipe

One of our first rides in France, in 2012
Old round building, near Maurillac
Another old round building near Lauzun


Nobody tell Luke I included this picture, SVP.

L'église de Queyssel


No comments:

Post a Comment